Residential Apprenticeship Programs
Hopeprint's Residential Apprenticeship Program is a year-long immersion program providing hands-on experience for emerging leaders who wish to work in a multicultural context with an intentionally embedded, kindred posture. Apprentice the trade in organizational management, program design and leadership, and community development through program opportunities such as:
- Live in a Hopeprint Home located in one of our neighborhoods of focus, investing youreveryday lives in a diverse neighborhood towards our shared vision
- Under the coaching and management of Hopeprint Staff, lead one of our Hopeprint departments including programs, interns and volunteers. Responsibilities will include program design to implementation, including grant writing and reporting, team leadership and other organizational management roles
- Learn social and systematic issues that impact our neighbors and the physical space we share through trainings, coaching and graduate level coursework (accredited course option available)
- Opportunities to gain experience in area of study/degree based upon individual credentials
- Optional: International vision trip to work alongside one of our partners in a refugee asylum nation or with our community members in a pass-it-on vision trip
Our apprenticeship program is currently available in our founding city of Syracuse, NY, but opportunities for additional cities are slated to come online in the next year. If you wish for your current city of residence to be considered, with yourself as an apprentice placed in that city, please note that on your application.
Each cohort has limited openings, and one can begin the application process by clicking the link below. The program expense for our Syracuse, NY placement is $6,000/year (or $500/month) and other location placement will be $8,000/year. As a program participant, this will cover all basic living expenses including housing, utilities, internet, laundry and basic food. Apprentices can raise, pay or write an approved grant to cover the program expenses. For those wishing to participate on an international vision trip, an additional $2,000 must be raised/paid. Apprentices will carry a leadership role that entails volunteering 20 hours/week, and are encouraged to have a part-time job that does not interfere with their role at Hopeprint.
We are interviewing now for the following apprenticeships:
Assistant Director of Hopeprint Family Initiatives
Cohort Dates: September 1, 2017 - August 16, 2018 // Location: Syracuse, NY
Lead the Adult and Family Initiatives for Hopeprint families and community for the 2017-18 Schoolyear & Summer including managing interns and volunteers, coordinating curriculum and programs, writing and reporting on grants and more. Initiatives under supervision include literacy and mentorship programs, and in-house family resources. Sit on Hopeprint's Core and Management Teams, interacting with various leadership level decisions, teamwork problem solving, event planning, teaching/training and other opportunities to apprentice the work of not-for-profit leadership and multicultural community development efforts.
Assistant Director of Hopeprint Kids & Youth
Cohort Dates: June 4, 2018 - May 31, 2019 // Location: Syracuse, NY
Lead youth programs and initiatives for Hopeprint kids and youth for the 2018-19 Summer & Schoolyear including managing interns and volunteers, coordinating curriculum and programs, writing and reporting on grants and more. Programs under supervision include educational, fun, social and mentorship groups for elementary, middle and high school programs. Sit on Hopeprint's Core and Management Teams, interacting with various leadership level decisions, teamwork problem solving, event planning, teaching/training and other opportunities to apprentice the work of not-for-profit leadership and multicultural community development efforts.
Multiply Hope Launch Teams
Cohort Dates: January 8, 2018 - December 21, 2018 // Location: Submit Application for your city
After 7+ years of empowering resettled refugees to thrive in Syracuse, NY, Hopeprint has encountered a number of incredible people who wish to be about a similar mission and vision in their home cities. In order to equip and facilitate this being possible, Hopeprint is initiating the opportunity for apprentice pairs/teams to apply to have their home/current living place a Mutliply Hope city. Apprentices will be interviewed and initial research on the proposed city will be done, and if accepted, apprentices will participate in a pilot research and development year for their city. Included within this Multiply Hope apprenticeship will be intensive training and coaching from Hopeprint Staff in Syracuse and on-site in the Multiply Hope city, facilitated research and network building for the first half of the year, and development of a people-informed, personalized manifestation of our mission in the Multiply Hope city for the second half of the year. Those who wish to apply need to have the following elements in place before being considered:
- A teammate - apprentices will only be considered at a minimum of two person teams per city
- A local support network that can cover the $8,000 per apprentice expense (local foundations, colleges/universities, churches/faith communities, etc)
- Established connections with significant volunteer and/or intern source locally
- The ability and willingness to commit a minimum of three years to the community if the pilot year is successful, unforeseen life circumstances withholding