Global Citizen Ambassador Fellowship
The Global Citizen Ambassador Fellowship is accepting applications for our first cohort. Born out of the foundational work with youth in our community, this fellowship seeks to raise up a diverse set of leaders who are uniquely positioned and equipped to lead us towards unified neighborhoods rich in culture and connectedness.
The first cohort of Fellowship will run July 16 - August 12, and consists of the following four primary portions:
- Learning Seminars
- Neighborhood Engagement
- A multi-state Great Exchange Journey
- Community Organizing Towards Flourishing
The following is the schedule for fellowship participants:
- Learning Seminars & Community Engagement -- Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays from July 16 - August 1, 2:00-4:00pm (presence required // some seminars can be joined by Zoom is daily attendance is impossible, upon request and approval only)
- Great Exchange Journey -- August 4-12, 24/7 (presence required for entire trip)
- Community Organizing Initiatives -- September 2018 to April 2019 (location will vary based upon fellowship participant's geography and life stage)
In order to nurture robust discussions, broad perspective and holistic community flourishing, we are looking to welcome a diverse set of participants, reflective of our home neighborhood, Syracuse's Northside, and surrounding communities.
Applicants must have the following characteristics:
- Completed grades 9, 10, 11, 12 or first year of college in the past two months
- Live in the City of Syracuse, Onondaga County or within 45-minutes driving distance
- Be available for entirety of the fellowship dates (excuses absences will be permitted during the first portion; travel dates are not able to be changed)
- Be in good standing with Hopeprint and/or the organizations of whom they are a part
- Be willing to listen, learn from and respect people of other cultures, religions, socioeconomic background, race/ethnicity, neighborhoods, etc.
Fellowship Cost: $750 (Scholarships Available, see application)
Fellowship Application Deadline: Wednesday, July 11, 2018
Fellowship Dates: July 16 - August 12, 2018
We look forward to seeing the power that will rise up from this cohort towards the flourishing of our shared community.
Click below to apply, and contact Nicole Watts at firstname.lastname@example.org with any specific questions.